The Griffons jumped out to an 8-0 lead and never looked back, leading 23-7 after the first quarter of play. It was the seventh win in a row in the series for Missouri Western, last losing to Northwest Missouri on Feb. 5, 2014.
– Four Griffons scored in double-figures: Brittany Atkins and Erin Anderson with 14 each and Dossou Ndiaye and Savannah Lentz with 10 each
– Missouri Western out-rebounded the Bearcats by 10 (41-31)
– MWSU out-scored Northwest 44-16 in the paint
– KeShara Scott had a team-high nine rebounds along with eight points
– Missouri Western held Northwest Missouri to 28.8% shooting from the field
– The Griffons led for the entire game, leading by as many as 30 points with 19 seconds to go
– With the win, Missouri Western was alone in first place in the MIAA standings at 3-0 in conference play
Missouri Western steps out of MIAA play this Sunday, Dec. 9 to host Peru State in the MIAA Fieldhouse for a 6 p.m. tip-off.
— MWSU Athletics —