ST. JOSEPH – Missouri Western Men’s Basketball (5-5, 0-1 MIAA) fell to Lindenwood 75-58 in its home opener on Thursday night.
- The Griffon offense struggled early in the game. The Griffons missed nine of their first 10 shots and had seven turnovers in the first 10 minutes of the game.
- Jalen Gant kept the Griffons within reach in the first half. Gant finished with seven points, four rebounds, and an assist in the first half.
- Sam Siganos capped off an 11-2 run with a three-point buzzer-beater to bring the Griffons within 10 going into the break.
- Lavon Hightower cut the deficit to just seven points with 15 minutes remaining. It was the closest Missouri Western would get, as Lindenwood outscored the Griffons 42-35 to earn the road win.
- The Lions had the advantage in getting to the free-throw line, shooting almost twice as many free throws as the Griffons.
- Over half of the Griffons field-goal attempts were three pointers.
- Jalen Gant had one of his best games of the season, scoring a season-high 14 points in 16 minutes. Gant shot 60 percent from the field and also added six boards.
- Tyree Carroll had a team-high five assists to go along with his seven points.
- Beau Baker scored nine points and grabbed five rebounds.
- Missouri Western will host Lincoln (4-3, 0-1 MIAA) on Saturday, Dec. 8.
- The Blue Tigers lost by just seven points to No. 2 Northwest Missouri on Thursday.
— MWSU Athletics —