ST. JOSEPH – The Missouri Western women’s basketball team rallied from a seven-point halftime deficit to defeat Southwest Baptist Wednesday night 78-64 inside the MWSU Fieldhouse. The Griffons outscored SBU in the second half 50-29 as they improve to 12-11 and 7-7 in the MIAA. The Bearcats fall to 6-17 and 2-12 in league play.
- The Griffons went to halftime down by seven after being outscored 20-9 in the second quarter
- MWSU responded with a 26-15 third quarter and a 24-14 fourth quarter to climb ahead and put the Bearcats away
- The 78 points scored were the most for the Griffs since dropping 93 on Saint Mary in November
- Missouri Western shot 60 percent in the third quarter, 56 percent in the fourth and 48 percent for the game
- After SBU went 3-for-8 from three in the first half, the Griffon defense limited the Bearcats to 1-of-5 shooting from beyond the arc in the second half
- The Griffons were 50 percent (7-14) from three-point range in the game and 83 percent (15-18) from the free throw line
- With the win, Missouri Western took over sole possession of seventh place in the MIAA standings
- Katrina Roenfeldt had a game-high 23 points and 10 rebounds
- Anastacia Johnson posted career highs for points (16) and steals (7)
- Jessica Davies scored 17 points, 13 in the second half
- Senior Day and the home finale for the Griffons
- No. 24 Central Missouri visits the MWSU Fieldhouse Feb. 16 at 2 p.m.
- The Jennies won 78-67 at Northwest Missouri Wednesday night.
— MWSU Athletics —