TOPEKA, Kan. – Two Missouri Western soccer players scored their first career goals as the Griffons snapped a three-game skid with a 2-1 win at Washburn on Sunday afternoon.
- Mackenzie O’Neill provided the game winner in the 93rd minute, getting around the Washburn keeper for the first goal of her career.
- Kelsey Roe scored the first goal of her Griffon career in the 71st minute off an assist by Mackenzie O’Neill to give the Griffons a 1-0 lead.
- Josie Rimmer provided the equalizer for the Ichabods in the 84th minute.
- The teams were about as even as possible through the first 45 minutes. Both had 11 shots with seven on goal for the Ichabods and six for the Griffs.
- Washburn took 14 shots in the second half to six for MMSU.
- The only shot in OT was O’Neill’s game winner.
- The win prevented the program’s first four-game losing streak since 2013.
- Missouri Western hosts Fort Hays State (5-3, 1-1) and Nebraska-Kearney (1-6-3, 0-2-1).
- Friday’s game against Fort Hays State is scheduled for a 6 p.m. start.
— MWSU Athletics —