ST. JOSEPH – The Missouri Western soccer team (4-7-2, 1-4-1) took an early lead on Northeastern State (9-3-1, 4-2), but the RiverHawks scored two unanswered goals to win 2-1, Friday night at Spratt Stadium.
The Griffons led for 11 minutes of the first half, but NSU got the equalizer just before the half and the game winner in the 70th minute.
- Kelsey Roe gave the Griffs a 1-0 lead in the 32nd on her second goal of the season.
- The Griffon defense held off a furious first half offensive charge by NSU until Livy Wagner evened the game in the 43rd minute.
- Mariah Nicolet scored the game winner in the 70th minute of a direct pass from a Sommer Franks corner kick.
- Nicolet just got the ball past the line and under the top post to put NSU up 2-1.
- Northeastern State took 17 shots in the game to nine by MWSU and outshot the Griffs 8-3 in the first.
- The Griffons had two shots on goal to eight by NSU.
- Missouri Western stays in St. Joe, hosting Rogers State (4-6-3, 1-3-2), Sunday at 1 p.m.
- After back-to-back draws against Northeastern State and Emporia State, Rogers State has dropped consecutive games to Washburn (1-0) and at Northwest Missouri (3-1).
— MWSU Athletics —